Here they are! Super crunchy, super tasty and super addictive…. Crunchy chickpeas with rosemary!
I saw a similar recipe in a book I recently bought and since the key words there were chickpeas and crispy, I was inspired in an instant! I added some European taste, skipped some things and here is the result…
Chickpeas, apart from being hummus’ main ingredient, are a great source of protein for vegetarians & vegans (well… for everybody actually 🙂 ). They are full of fiber and can keep you full for quite some time. Highly nutritious, they contain manganese, magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc. No wonder that ancient Mediterranean nations were consuming chickpeas already thousands of years ago, as they can be great source of health!
For my version of the recipe I decided to use olive oil. Why? Well, I really wanted to make the chickpeas with rosemary and what oil goes better with rosemary than olive oil?! First reason. Secondly, olive oil contains unsaturated fatty acids with proven health benefits, one can safely cook with it without creating trans-fats (hint: we don’t want them! they don’t like us and we don’t like them…) and it just tastes so good!
- 250 gr chickpeas (from the can or you can also cook them yourself)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (with air circulation)
- Mix the olive oil, rosemary, chili flakes and the salt into a bowl
- Add the chickpeas and mix well so all chickpeas are covered with the mixture. Make sure that the chickpeas are not wet when adding them. Using kitchen paper is what I did.
- Spread the chickpeas on a sheet of baking paper and put into the oven. Let them roast for 20-30 minutes by checking them every now and them.
- When ready, take them out and let then cool down.