I’ve been wondering how to start this post… hmm what to write about these bites to make them stand out…But, what’s there to say? They are simply awesome! We have chocolate, some nuts, cacao beans (what chocolate is made out of) and some flashy rose pepper… what’s there to say? It hardly gets any better than that!
If there is still someone out there wondering how to justify eating chocolate, here are some good reasons to begin with: it makes us happy! And not only because it tastes good. Cacao contains substances that positively affect our mental state and boost our good mood. Cacao beans are full with fiber and as we know, fiber makes sure that our belly is in a happy mood! Antioxidants? Here we have plenty! Cacao beans are also rich in Magnesium and this one keeps, among others, our heart, muscles and nervous system fit.
And by “chocolate” I always mean dark chocolate. And by “dark chocolate” I always mean at least 80% cacao content.
Literally on top, we have the rose pepper adding its slightly chili taste with some sweet note.
- 100 gr vegan 85% natural chocolate
- 70 gr almonds (blanched)
- 150 gr ground walnuts
- 13 cacao beans; why 13? My birthday is on May 13th:)
- rose pepper
- Break the chocolate bar into small pieces and melt it in a double boiler.
- Grind the 13 cacao beans into nibs. Alternatively, you can also buy ready cacao nibs. I just loved the idea of making my own nibs 🙂
- When the chocolate has fully melted, take it off the stove and add the cacao nibs, the almonds and the ground walnuts. Mix and let it cool down for 15-20 min. Form the bites on a baking paper, sprinkle some rose pepper and let them harden in the fridge.