Here it is! Here it is! … My Celebratory Strawberry Chocolate Pudding!!!
While eating it is a celebration of its own, I actually came up with this recipe some time ago and have been saving it for when the time for celebrating comes! And here it is: I passed my final Nutrition Coach exam! 🙂 🙂 🙂 Talking about pure joy and sense of fulfillment…
So today, after a 15-km-run, 35-km-ride and a 35-min-strawberry-piking, I was finally ready to celebrate.
This recipe has a couple of amazing things about it. It tastes great! It is packed with lots Vitamin C and antioxidants! Some potassium is there, too. I have used soy quark, which is rich in plant protein and contrary to other soy products has a neutral taste, which makes it great for desserts. The apple pectin, which I used, is pure fiber, so YEY! for a happy belly and stable blood-sugar levels! It has not a gram of refined sugar in it: instead, I used date sugar, which is nothing else then ground dried dates. For this one I used bio deoiled cacao powder, which not only tastes great but it also has a considerably high amount of protein; mine has 20 gr/100 gr.
The secret is in the strawberries… the sweeter and juicier they are, the tastier the pudding gets! As I picked mine myself, you can imagine how proud I am 🙂
- 1 cup cut strawberries
- 300 gr soy quark
- 3.5 tbsp date sugar
- 4 tbsp apple pectin
- 4 tbsp deoiled cacao powder
- In a blender (or a bowl) mix the strawberries together with the date sugar and the cacao powder Mix well until no big strawberry pieces are seen
- Add the soy quark and mix once again, gradually adding the apple pectin
- At the end, you should feel the pectin changing the consistency and making the pudding thicker
- Pour into bowls/cups and let it rest in the fridge.